According to auto recycling statistics, when it’s time to give up your car, the one you’re driving now would have a great source of many recycled materials. Around 80% of a car’s components can be recovered.
Because of the car recycling industry, a lot can be gained while the car is in good working order.
The world of scrap cars is one that only a few people are aware of. Take your time, however, and you’ll see how much there is to learn.

Read on to learn some interesting facts about junk car recycling.

1. Increasing Number Of Junk Car Industry:

If you ever believed that car recycling started a few years ago, you were wrong. The entire area, which usually focuses on reusing cars, has an average age of 75 years. According to statistics, at least 12 million cars are recycled per year, with the number rising.
People realised the value and efficiency of junk car parts years ago, and have started selling their junk cars for cash. This is how it’s a well-known industry in the sector that’s hitting new financial heights.

2. Using Materials Efficiently:

You’ve probably seen a lot of junk cars on the streets, polluting the atmosphere. It’s safer to use junk car parts rather than just throwing them away.
Every year, a large number of cars reach the end of their lifespans, and it is only fair to recycle them. 
Old cars are scrapped to their bases for any extra value they may have.

3.  Recyclable And Non-recyclable Parts:

80% of junk cars can be recycled, while the remaining 20% cannot.
“Car shredder residue (ASR)” refers to non-recyclable junk car parts that often end up in landfills.
Of course, the aim of car recycling is to keep as many cars out of landfills as possible, as non-recyclable parts are still causing environmental damage.

4. Tire As A Major Disposable Part:

People are widespread across the globe, so consider the amount of waste generated and the amount of waste material that require disposal, causing environmental harm.
In this case, we must make every effort to avoid filling landfills.
Consequently, old car tyres count for 2% of the maximum. Tons of old tyres have been discarded in the environment. 

It is possible to reuse cars, and the material can be used to make shoes and sandals.


  1. Environment Friendly:

    The use of recycled metals in the industrial sector will help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. CO2 is a greenhouse gas that causes climate change by doubling the levels of heat that the atmosphere can sustain.
    Because of the car recycling industry, GHG emissions can be reduced significantly per year. Reusing old car tyres also helps to reduce CO2 levels in the atmosphere.

    6. Converting Old Junk Car Into New One :

    It has a reasonable rate of return on investment in producing new cars, given the vast number of objections and specifications. You can buy a new car and expect to reuse a large portion of it! About 25% of a vehicle’s body is made of recycled steel.
    Buying another car at that stage is more similar to getting one that has been recycled! Those damaged cars eventually find its way into the car’s physical processes.

    7. Reduces Oil Usage Through Junk Car Recycling:

    If not cleaned properly or recycled, used engine lubricants, oil, and other fluids from junk cars will pollute the environment to the extreme.
    Used oil that has been recycled can be refined into new oil, converted into fuel oils, and used as a raw material in the oil industry.

    Conclusion:

    Scrap cars have been a source of pollution for years. Recent advances in environmental friendly vehicle recycling techniques, as well as efficient processes and technological innovations, have revolutionised vehicle recycling systems. 

Furthermore, all of the facts and figures about car recycling mentioned above show that the global car recycling industry is competitive and successful.